Tuesday, January 03, 2006

minatory december!!

it all started on the twenty-nineth november-just two days
before the start of that ominous december.i could not imagine
that this was just the beginning of my misery and it is
continuing till today...although the whole november was screwed
up due to the end semester exams but then they are the part
and parcel of any engineer's engineering life.

so on that baleful day i was returning home after a strenous
exam in the afternoon.it had gone dark by the time i left
the college and given the condition of delhi roads and
lighting on roads,i think it is easy to fall prey to the
trap laid by the road caretakers.the road was slippery with
water or some similar liquid-i dont know what it was exactly
but then that is not important.my scooter slipped as i applied
some hard brakes and no sooner i was lying on those pieces
of stones called road--lucky enough to have a nice lead over
other vehicles.my four fingers of the right hand were bruised
along with some other small injuries.i somehow managed to
reach home,somehow managed to hide my hand from ma wondering
what would she say--she wont even take my excuse that it was
not my fault but of the guy who spilt that liquid on the
road--not caring about other people like me who are always in
some sort of hurry.next day i bandaged my 4 fingers with 4
band-aids and was not surprised when my friends sarcastically
commented on my condition and on my side of story.i could
use my injured hand only for writing the exam allowing it to
rest in my pocket for the remaining time.

the life went on,the hand was healing when on the tenth of
december i met with another disaster-again no fault of mine.it
was of that car driver who jumped the traffic light without
caring for the traffic rules-wanted to take advantage of
the early morning situation.he samashed my scooter and i went
flying away on the road off the scooter.my body parts were
intact(lucky enough!!) however my left wrist refused to twiddle.i
caught the driver who then promised to pay for the nice
dent i had got on my scooter-all this on the day when my
brother was returning home from ahmedabad for his
convocation-he is finally an engineer and my parents all set
to leave delhi for some urgent work.
u careless,irresponsible
chap,hamesha jaldi mein
rehta hain,teri galti hi hogi
was all i got to hear from ma and then my brother was there to add
some masala to the fun.this time it was the turn of my
right hand to dutifully play the part of my left hand also.

again the life went on,when after a week the weather pounced
on me.it seemed i would pick the bed for some days but
somehow managed to skip fever and got away with sardi jukam- 4 steams a
day-life was certainly hell.i asked mom,"yeh mere sath kya ho
raha hai ma
" and she sarcastically replied,"yeh tere galat
karmno ki sazaa hai
" and i wondered,"mere paapon ka ghada itni
jaldi bhar gaya.abhi meri umar hi kya hai
".in this age of
science and technology cant we prick a hole in that pot of
boob. anyway i continued to struggle with my health and left
hand-it finally started to help me.

the life went on,i again started my workouts in the gym when
on twenty-seventh december i chose the wrong weight for my
little shoulders.end result--my neck paying the price for it.i
was back at home applying medicines on my left wrist and the
newly added stained neck and all the while remembering those words from
ma...currently,i am serving for all the above mentioned
pains--my right fingers(yes,the pain is still there),my left
wrist,my neck and it now seems my right wrist also wants to
join the rocking party!!

with december and the year coming to end i am wishing for some
nice time ahead...hey bhagwan,help me out.punish me in installments,not
all at one go-this litle child of yours cannot handle so much
pressure.

anyways,happy and prosperous new year for all!!!

adios

9 Comments:

Blogger Rajat said...

hey, no worry man. this is life! be cool,be happy. another phase of this life. it'll pass. afterall, har kutte ke din badalte hain.

03 January, 2006 14:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

koi baat nahin... kabhi kabhi sabke saath hota hai... but hope tht u do well next year....

u must hv heard tht
Jab kismet meharbaan
to phir gadha pehalwaan

hope ki tumhaari pehalwani ke din bhi aaye agle saal....:)

03 January, 2006 16:27  
Blogger An Unknown Citizen said...

Well, life seems to be tough .....but i am sure u r tougher. So get well soon, and start doing what u r planning for. How's ur CAT prep going?

04 January, 2006 00:22  
Blogger atul lakhotia said...

@deprotim:well just started on the way for cat.and im fighting and hoping for the best!!1

04 January, 2006 22:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey atul...dont worry...u will b fine soon but change the style of your driving as u hv promised me and try to use your scooty as less as possible...
and u already hv for what ppl join gym...so forget it also...
tk cr n get well soon
its me..

05 January, 2006 01:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi atul,,

great time reading ur blog..i think its time for me to start something on my side..also...we are talking abt this next time. i need to learn some tricks of game

05 January, 2006 03:11  
Blogger atul lakhotia said...

@anonymous:well as far as i knw i have only promised myself that i will change my style...so i dn knw which promise are u talking about...moreover u say at the end..its me...
am i god that i can knw u by this line...next time dnt be shy to mention ur name.

05 January, 2006 12:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"accident-prone-ppl" just like me...first time read ur post..and found it nice..keep posting and a very happy new yr..

i never knew u were brother of pappu (Amit-IIMA wala). dont tell him i made such a comment ;)

07 January, 2006 12:30  
Blogger Planck said...

lolz! funny.. but dont worry... everything gets better.
and happy 2006.

07 January, 2006 14:38  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counters
Free Counter