Sunday, November 01, 2009

1 yr at inductis

Its been a long time since I wrote about something. Last time I had posted when i left cisco in bangalore and now am writing after I have left EXL(Inductis) in gurgaon.Rather I have my last day tomorrow though officially, I am no more a part of EXL(my official last working day is 30th Oct). 2 jobs in2 years...But this time its not for any other lucrative job or family or blah blah reasons(read,fundae given to others).....i had always known that working for someone is not my piece of cake..i had been telling this to myself for the past two years...but finally took this brave decision to quit and do something of my own or rather to say, something on my own.


Going into the flashback...when i joined inductis...nice pictures of staying with ma...niteouts with friends every weekend flashed in front of me when boarding the flight to Delhi.Soon I realised the dreams(atleast daydreams) are not meant to come true. There were no laptops provided to be broken, no routers to be damaged as in cisco...First day travelling on NH8 looked really cool...driving in 5th gear at speeds of 100kmph after those slow and sluggish rides in bangalore seemed thrilling.But the thrill was shortlived... boss gave a deadline to be in the office, arranged for a daily meeting at that time to ascertain who's "not" yet reached the office....and it seemed the whole world wanted to reach office at that time only....and u start remembering bangalore and India Shining again when u spend 16.67% of time on road.



The first project looked very exciting...though it has its crib of its own.....learnt lot many things about trading..infact generated a completely new interest in trading..the interest had been such that i was trading more and working less....was giving trading tips to the whole team...discussing stock market with every other person i met....thinking and calculating profits and losses on each trade the whole day....until the project ended.... It was also one of the best learning projects for me...working under a shrewd,successful manager(read CEO), working in a startup, working on a cmpletely new domain..there were so many firsts to this project....talking about some crib also....we were not allowed to attend the annual offsite of the company.....the security guard would search you(even your lunchbox) at the end of every day....gmail was "officially banned" but we always had ways to show the IT guy who we are...

but that was the end of the happy part...the next project was a complete opposite of the first one...US economy was in recession,the client was in doldrums...almost on the verge of bankrupty and everyone in the team predicting the "fortuitous" date...no chance of offsite, the manager saying everyday,"naya aur exciting kaam aa raha hai ladke",and since then the whole team has changed, but finally naya(not sure if its exciting.!!) kaam aa raha hai...finally it seems itni kurbaniyan kaam aayi...

Inductis to outsiders gives an image of a very good work ex and a very easy flight to US/UK,specially when u see ur frens travelling to one country after the another.and here I was..telling my ma and bro...see..am soon to fly off to US anytime now....!!!!

even these dreams had a story in this project when we just mocked about the other person catching the lufthansa flight to US in the luggage cabin.infact,each three of us had a near miss in making a tryst with destiny...

a no of exciting things happened even during tis project...found some good friends, found ppl who took my sarcastic banter too seriously and cribbed to the upper management....got in touch with ppl i had been wanting to get in touch with for past few years...

there is lot more to write about my year here...but may be some time later. have written after such a long time....so do not want to keep it too long....

but now have to concentrate on my studies for one month before i leap into a cmpletely new world of business where I would be my own manager, i would be working for myself.....and so much more....

the motivation to write came from my friend rajat....who wud put any crap on his blog to vent out his frustations....and he had innumerous things to crib about...i just hope wud again start writing blogs to vent out my frustrations....to use my personal space much more wisely...

2 Comments:

Blogger sameer said...

nice post thank for sharing this.
ICC T20 World Cup 2020 Schedule
ICC T20 World Cup 2020 Schedule PDF

04 March, 2020 17:20  
Blogger sameer said...

nice post thank for sharing this.
icc t20 world cup 2020 teams/
icc t20 world cup 2020 venue

04 March, 2020 17:20  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counters
Free Counter