Saturday, March 27, 2010

Earth Hour

So how many of you celebrated the Earth hour?? or rather how many even  knew about it?? I switched off all the lights and fans at 8:25pm except the TV. Why not the TV?? Because my dad was watching his favorite song on Zee cinema...and he is DAD...u cant order him!!! So as soon as the song was over 15 min later, even that flickering light went off.

But it gave me an interesting question to ponder over? How effective would it have been as IPL is going on in this cricket crazy nation.But given that people have now started taking sides and Delhi did not have its match today, the IPL  effect would have been minimal in Delhi. But i was intrigued with another question instantly? What if Sachin had been playing? Not talking about others, would I myself had switched off the TV then? I would have if had he got out but definitely not while he was playing.For the Earth hour can be postponed for some time,huh! But if I have been so considerate for Earth hour, would I have prayed for Sachin to get out? Naah,that would have been a much bigger crime.Something, for which even God wouldnt have forgiven me,i guess.No Indian can pray that even if takes sides.For Sachin is above all sides!.

So now the TV lights were also gone. The only illumination came from the cellphones. I messaged few people to switch off their lights. Hopefully they did.Both of us started waiting eagerly for clock to strike thirty minutes past nine.It was as if some timer would go off at 9:30.Dad was resisting his temptation to switch on the TV,for he was feeling as if the time had stopped.But,he was the person who initiated the idea of switching off all appliances in the morning.So, that added to the pressure. He controlled,watched the cellphone time after every 5 minutes..but alas coudnt resist and switched on the TV at 9:25pm. I still think not a bad duration. We were in the dark for the complete hour.

I felt, a siren should go on all over the city indicating the start and end of the Earth hour.I feel everyone should switch off the lights atleast once a week. Not just for climate change, but also it will help reduce your monthly electricity bill :).

All this while in the dark, I was eager to put this down in the blog.It appeared as if the mind was working overtime giving creative ideas in the dark.Any relation between the two,huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger sameer said...

nice post thank for sharing this.
T20 World Cup 2020 Fixture
T20 World Cup 2020 Fixture PDF

04 March, 2020 17:18  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counters
Free Counter